Poly Flex mounting systems are designed as true marine propulsion engine mounts with sufficient vertical deflection to obtain proven vibration isolation. They have controlled minimum thrust and lateral deflection under propolsion load and inertia due to sea conditions. They are designed to have a failsafe that in the event of a capsize the engine will not break away from it's bearers. Moulded components are manufactured from Polénite™ a special range of engineering heat cured polymer alloys.
Our mounts are also suited to the mining, defence, industrial,commercial, agricultural and automotive industries. We also manufacture mounts for instrumentation.
- Controlled minimum thrust and lateral deflection under propulsion load and inertia due to sea conditions.
- Moulded from engineering heat cured polymer alloys which are long lasting and oil/fuel resistant.
- Designed to have a failsafe that in the event of a capsize the engine will not break away from it's bearers.
Flexible Coupling Systems
Poly Flex flexible disc transmission couplings provide a damper between the gearbox and propeller shaft to isolate torsional vibration from the engine and gearbox. It also reduces the shock of forward and reverse gear changes. Our couplings work in conjunction with the engine mounts by providing the softest element in the shaft assembly to improve performance. All metal components are plated in SA5 Cobalt Zinc for maximum corrosion resistance and durability.
The moulded components are manufactured from Polénite™ a special range of engineering heat cured polymer alloys. All our components are proudly designed, engineered and manufactured by Poly Flex.
- Dampens the noise and vibration from the propeller and shaft.
- Reduces the shock of forward and reverse gear changes.
- Acts when overloaded by running aground or knotting a rope around the shaft by shearing at a designed point to protect the engine/gearbox and the boat.
Steel Shaft Coupling Systems
Steel half couplings & spacers are manufactured from CS1040 grade bright steel and machined to high precision in our CNC turning centre. They are machined in two stages where extreme care is taken to ensure there is no more than .001” (.025mm) runout. We aim for a high quality finish and tolerance. The next stage of the process is to give our half couplings a coating to resist natures elements, which causes rust and corrosion. As we do with all our steel components, they are treated with a SA5 cobalt zinc, process which has far better properties that standard passivated zinc and therefore giving a much longer lifespan. We also manufacture and supply custom half couplings, spacers cotton reels and adaptor plates.
- Precision CNC machined in 2 stages to ensure there is no more than .001" (.025mm) runout.
- Pilot Bored, Parallel Clamp and Tapered Clamp varieties of shaft couplings.
- SA5 Cobalt Zinc platted to give long life in extreme conditions.